Coaching & Team Selection Policy
For all team based club competitions, the club promotes the below Coaching & Team Selection Policy. If you are interested in representing Mitchelstown Tennis Club please note the below summary of the policy document:
- All eligible members are asked and encouraged to play in a team.
- Members wishing to play are required to advise their availability and confirm whether they wish to be considered as a:
- Full Player – commits to playing the majority of matches.
- Substitute Player – wishes to play occasionally if required.
- Members may be required to attend at least one pre-season selection evening.
- A ranked list of players is produced by the Executive Committee and Head Coach based on:
- Availability to play the majority of matches.
- Assessment of player ability.
- Previous internal/external club competitive experience and results.
- Fitness to play i.e. free from injury.
- Once players have been ranked, players are assigned to teams by the Executive Committee based on their ranking.
Last Updated: July 15th 2020.